Monday, January 12, 2015

50 for 50

Today my mom turns the big FIVE ZERO! For this special birthday I thought I would write 50 reasons of why she is the best mom ever!
  1. She is beautiful inside and out.
  2. She is very intelligent. 
  3. She loves hotdogs. We love finding hotdog places to eat a Chicago dog (minus celery salt).
  4. She is spontaneous. 
  5. She has a good sense of style. I have even gone into her closet before borrowing clothes and shoes.
  6. She is very clean and organized. Her house is always clean. I can remember every Saturday morning was cleaning day and the house was already pretty much clean.
  7. She makes a delicious tomato and cheese sandwich.
  8. She always has my favorite foods at home when I come home and visit. For example she always has my favorite string cheese that isn't easy to find. 
  9. She is always loyal to her friends.
  10. She still tucks me into bed when I go home to visit.
  11. She puts up with my craziness. 
  12. She has watched Shadow for me while I was at college. (And she is allergic to cats)
  13. She shops with me and tells me what looks good and what doesn't.
  14. She took me to get my first pedicure when I was little. Now we go when we have the chance. Best mother/daughter relaxing time.
  15. She stopped biting her fingernails, which got me to stop biting my nails. 
  16. She loves and appreciates a good sunset. Anytime I see a good sunset I always think of when we were little and we would say goodnight to the sun or the egg yolk in the sky. 
  17. She loves the beach. Now because of her I love going to the beach and finding sand dollars.
  18. She has never given up on her dreams. Montana!
  19. She holds the longest record for a plank. (I'm convinced!)
  20. She always has fresh flowers in her house.
  21. She is a worthy temple card holder and attends the temple as much as possible.
  22. She snorts when you get her to laugh hard.
  23. She has gloves in her trunk ready for any car accident.
  24. She is willing to try new things.
  25. She knows everyone. It doesn't matter if we are in our hometown or across the world she knows someone. 
  26. Which lead to how she is friendly to everyone. She is such a people person and can have a genuine conversation with anyone.
  27. She LOVES One Direction. <-- one proud daughter! It took her a few times to listening to them, but now she is converted and a 1D fan forever! (Now I just have to get her to their concert)
  28. She loves candles! Ever since I was little I can remember a candle lit in the house.
  29. She is an amazing traveling buddy. Road trips or long flights to another country, she knows how to have fun, even when our luggage doesn't make it.
  30. She loves taking selfies.
  31. She is the best grandma to Nora bug. 
  32. She sends me care packages in times of need. 
  33. She sings every word to TSwift... "hella good hair"
  34. She drives a RAV4 in blizzard pearl.
  35. She taught her children that they can accomplish anything if they put their minds to it. 
  36. She has Italian kissed skin.
  37. She finds the best cards. Most are from Papyrus. 
  38. She really knows how to rock wearing pajamas and heels, holding a fire extinguisher while running down 20 flights of stairs. 
  39. She gives the best gifts.
  40. She doesn't have the word 'can't' in her vocabulary. She is definitely a doer.
  41. She says her prayers every morning and night. I have never seen her miss a prayer. At the good and bad times I always find her praying.
  42. She lets me lay in her bed after a long day to talk even when she is beyond tired.
  43. She is a good listener. Half of the time she is probably so tired she just wants to sleep, but she still listens to me as a yap away.
  44. She is a hard worker. 
  45. She never misses church. Even when she is traveling she searches for a ward to attend. 
  46. She is the best parallel parker I know. It only takes her once to squeeze in a tight spot.
  47. She never gives up on herself or others.
  48. She has the best smile.
  49. She gives the best advice. Many times I have found myself needing advice and I always go to her because she knows exactly what to say. 
  50. She is the strongest woman I know. She has the strongest testimony in the church and never gives up on the Lord. She is the greatest example of who I want to be someday. Everyday I pray and hope I can become as great as my mom! 
Great things are coming for my mom and I am so proud and happy to call Katie Dill my (not mother) but mom! Happy Birthday and love you lots gator! 

***Hugs and kisses across the miles! (emoji red heart, emoji smile face, emoji thumbs up, emoji blue car)*** 





No comments:

Post a Comment