Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Selfie With Signs

Over the winter break my bestie (mom) and I went on a road trip. First stop was Arizona. Approaching the state border, my mom had an idea to take a picture with the sign. It had been a long drive so I agreed thinking it was a great opportunity to stretch my legs. Well that first selfie with the Arizona sign started something fun for us on the road trip. After taking the first selfie with a state sign we decided to take pictures with every sign we passed. (Note: we decided to only take pictures with signs of the states we were staying in.)

So the first stop was Arizona. My mom was asked to help at a wedding to do a candy bar. She agreed to do it only if I would come with. Of course I agreed to come! Road trips are the best with my bestie. And also I got to catch up with my favorite girl that wears socks with sandals, Aubry Hiatt. It was a short trip, but way fun!




Next stop was back to California. We unpacked, did laundry, and repacked for our next place. I said my goodbyes to Shadow and the next day we were off on our next place on our trip.





After our short over night stay in Cali we were off to Utah for Christmas. All we wanted was a white Christmas and we got it. Christmas was once again magical with the white snow and being there with Nora, her second Christmas. But it felt like her first because she was old enough to open her own presents and get excited from them. The joy of seeing Christmas in a child's eyes is so magical. I loved it! The day after Christmas we did a Dill Christmas with me, Kev, Bailey, Nora, Mikey, Jen Jen, and my mom. We all went to California Pizza Kitchen and opened presents. My mom surprised us all with a Disney trip! Can't wait for that trip. It will be Nora's first time. Just like Christmas, Disneyland has some kind of magic that is best seen in kids eyes, so it will be fun to see Nora's excitement. After our Christmas celebrations were over, it was time to pack up again. 


The freezing, cold Montana was up next. Gosh, I did NOT pack right for this state. Negative degrees was too cold for me. When your nose hairs freeze, it's a sign it's too cold. With it being too cold I mostly stayed inside with Nora, playing ball, laughing, and dancing. Miss her so much! Saying our goodbyes was very hard. 


Mom and I were back in the car dancing, singing, and chatting. We were headed back to Utah for New Year's Eve and more importantly Jen Jen's birthday. We don't have a pic with the Utah sign again probably because we were having car problems and just wanted to get to Utah. A drive that was suppose to be six hours took close to ten hours. We were so exhausted, but ready to get our groove on at Jen Jen's 25th birthday party. It was retirement theme and of course my mom and I went to the DI and got the funniest clothes to look like grannys. We were Ethel (mom) and Harriet (me) for the night. The next morning (New Years Day) we headed to find a shop to fix our car. Ya, nothing was open. So we stayed another day to find a place to fix our car. The next day we woke up thinking, more hoping, it was an easy fix for our car. Well it wasn't and it was cheaper to buy a new car. So Katie Dill is now the new owner of a RAV4 in blizzard pearl... Beautiful car. I even got to drive it a little. 

After purchasing a new car, we were ready to head home. And that is where our trip come to an end for the both of us riding in the same car. And our last selfie with a sign, the Nevada sign. 


I will admit cries were shed at the last sign, but tears of happiness. I miss my bestie already! Can't wait till our next road trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment