Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Pretty Dam Good Weekend

I'm trying to play catch up with my posts. When life is good so much is happening and I just don't have time to write.
So I'm going back about a week ago... The weekend of January 23, 2015 my dad came into town. It was a filled weekend that ended way too fast. My dad flew into Las vegas Friday night. Jan, Bryan and I went to the airport to pick him up. We decided to park and meet my dad as he was coming off the escalator. As we were waiting we noticed all the chauffeurs dressed in black all holding I-pads with the client's names...so much classier than a piece of paper. Jan and I laughed because it was like a scene from Nemo. They were all like the birds, saying "mine, mine, mine". There were like twenty of them going from escalator to escalator, waiting for their clients. It was so funny! So, of course, I thought it would be fun to make my own sign for my dad, I wouldn't want him to feel left out. As I made my small sign, Jan captured the moment with taking a few pictures. And I even made a friend with one of the chauffeurs. My dad laughed as he came off the escalator and even tried to pretend he was a client for one of the other chauffeurs. You definitely have to live in the moment with my dad. It's always a fun time.


After leaving the airport we went to Jan's for some games. But all we ended up doing was talking and ended up on the couch looking up ridiculously priced houses in the Las Vegas area. I don't know if we were all so tired, but we had a ton of laughs that night.
The next day was Saturday and my dad and I had a lot to do. First and most important was getting my car registered and my state license. We woke up early and got my car ready for the DMV. After checking in the DMV, and knowing we would have to wait hours before getting in, I got to take my dad to my classroom. As we came to my classroom, my dad looked around and then walked up to me and gave me the biggest hug ever and said how much he was proud of me. Man, that meant the world to me. For me all I want is to make my parents proud. I know I couldn't have done it without them. After putting my dad to work in the classroom, we left and my dad took me shopping at Lakeshore.
If you don't know what Lakeshore is, it's like a kid in a candy shop. Lakeshore is a place to buy resources for the classroom. I have to stay away from Lakeshore or my paycheck would disappear every month. Anyways, my dad spoiled me with things for my classroom. Like puzzles, flashcards, games, etc. Literally the best thing ever. I have already used everything I got. Kindergarten is so much hands on that games and puzzles are a must! My cart definitely was full. And I believe my dad even enjoyed himself :)


After filling the cart, it was time to go to the DMV. Sad news everyone... I am official a Nevada resident. BOOOOO! California will always be in my heart! Saturday was full and it wasn't hard to fall asleep that night.
The next morning we woke up to head of the Hoover Dam and that area. Wow, the Hoover Dam was pretty DAM great! The dam jokes were being spit out left and right. It was just too easy. Headed up the mountain, we first went to a longhorn sheep park and saw two sheep. Then we went to see the overlook of Lake Mead. Continuing up the mountain we finally got the bridge that overlooks the Hoover dam. It was huge! It's incredible how they could make something so grand in the 1930s. I was amazed.


After being amazed we went to a nearby trail where old railroad tracks ran through the mountain. It was about an hour hike walking through huge tunnels in the mountains. We even tried to hold our breath through the tunnels. It is a lot harder when you are walking instead of driving through a tunnel.
Another full day was over and it was time to say my goodbyes to my dad. Looking back we can say it was a pretty dam good weekend! Can't wait for his next visit!



No comments:

Post a Comment