Sunday, July 26, 2015

Sometimes You Must Put The Brakes On

I have been non stop with work and everything that I needed some time away from Las Vegas. This weekend I went to Big Bear to meet up with my dad, aunt, cousin and grandma.
My favorite part of the weekend was the alpine slide. As we were about the get on the ride a lady next to me said, "oh you got the crappy, slow racer. Don't use the brakes when you go down." 
Going down the slide I just kept thinking how I don't want to use the brakes or I will go slow. Well I got to a corner and felt like I was going so fast I might wipe out or crash so I quickly put on the brakes. 
This is like life...We want to go fast and keep up with everyone else. But if we go too fast and never put on the brakes we will end up crashing. This weekend was my slowing down on my roller coaster of life. I have been so crazy with work, church and trying to have a social life that I needed some time to just slow down and relax. 
Big Bear was exactly what I needed. I only have 2 more weeks till my small summer break. I can do this! 


No comments:

Post a Comment