Sunday, April 5, 2015

That Time I Drove 6 Hours...

March 27-30, 2015

Another trip I took during my track break was driving to Utah to see Michael and Jenny. And I drove... let me repeat... I DROVE. If you don't know me I do NOT drive. I think the farthest I've driven is around the block to go to the store. Even though I have always hated driving I have actually enjoyed it lately and decided that I could drive 6 hours to see Michael and Jenny.
I drove during the day and got there around dinner time. Michael and Jenny had chicken curry ready for me for dinner. We watched Scandal while we ate our dinner. Which was so amazing to actually watch it with them. They got me into the show, but I had never really watched it with them. So it was fun to sit with them and actually talk instead of text them to chat about the show. Since they had work they next day we went to bed shortly after the show.
The next day they went to work and got off earlier so we still had our Friday night to hang out. Since it was such a beautiful evening we decided to go to play mini golf. We got free tokens and we played some arcade games too.

All I can do is laugh with these two!

Playing some Skee ball at the arcade.

That Friday night we made pizza and these two introduced me to Gilmore Girls... and yes, I now have another show I love. 
The next day was Saturday, where all the Saturday errands happened. Running around town I keep seeing the beautiful pink blossoms. Every tree I saw I had to stop and take a picture. We don't have blossoms in Vegas so I had to soak them up while I had the chance. 


Within our errands we did stop at the wood store to make some crafts. While watching the Women's Conference we made some Easter crafts. 


With being Sunday the next day, we decided to go to Music and The Spoken Word. Michael and I had never been. It was beautiful to hear the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing. And I was very touched by the message given teaching us not to be afraid of failure, but to just try and keep practicing. It was exactly what I needed to hear that Sunday morning.

Inside the Tabernacle {If you look closely you can see the hot man from Sweden ;) }

After the performance was over we walked around Temple Square and took pictures of the beautiful flowers. I can say I've been to Temple Square in every season and Spring is by far my favorite to see. 


This was pretty much the highlights of my trip. It was short and sweet and way worth driving 6 hours to see Michael and Jenny! I miss them already!!


No comments:

Post a Comment