Sunday, April 5, 2015

MOMtana

March 12-22, 2015

For the past month I have been on track break for school. During this month I got to travel, relax, and organize my classroom. I'm liking this whole all year around schooling since I get a break to reenergize.
My first trip I took was to MOMtana. Since my mom just moved to Montana, I wanted to see what all the excitement was all about. So I got a ticket out for about ten days to see the beautiful state or Montana. Ok....Wow.... If you haven't been to Montana, I definitely suggest it to be on your bucket list of places to see. It is beautiful!
I got there late Thursday night, so I didn't really get to see the scenery because it was dark. But, I did get to see a pretty sunset from the airplane.


After landing we went out to dinner and then headed to my mom's cute little house. I got a tour of the house and then it was off to bed.
The next morning mom had to go to work so I got to sleep in for a little bit before I went to the hospital to see mom's new work. I met a few people she worked with and then she had to go to a meeting. I snatched the car for the rest of the day which was fun to explore the small town of Kalispell. Well it really isn't that small. I could live there... they do have a TJ maxx!
After exploring I picked up mom from work and we had dinner and waited up for Kev, Bailey and Nora to come into town. They arrived late so once they got there it pretty much was bed time.
Waking up the next morning was fun because we had Nora to snuggle with. For about an hour my mom, Nora and I all snuggled in the bed with reading her new books I got her, Frozen books. Nora is at such a fun age. She is at the exploration age where everything is fun! She is giving me kisses in this picture :)

After all waking up and getting ready we headed to Glacier National Park. We couldn't go far in the park because it was snowed in, but it didn't matter. The views that we did see were amazing!

Part of Lake McDonald

A dock looking out on Lake McDonald

Taking pictures of all the scenery Nora wanted to join in 

With driving all day in the park and exploring we were very hungry so we went to dinner and headed back home.
The next day was a lazy sunday. We had another cuddle session with Nora, asking her where her eyes, nose and belly button is. 


That Sunday was hard to say my goodbyes because I won't see then now till summer. Living away from family is so hard. Thank goodness for facetime! 
I got to stay there for another week. I will admit there was a lot of sleeping and catching up on my shows during the day time, but every night after mom was home from work we would always try to do something. We went to the movie Cinderella (such an adorable movie), a Relief Society birthday dinner, a rodeo, up to the Canadian border and "shopping" (remember it is Montana people). We also found a new pizza restaurant  in Kalispell and Cafe in Whitefish that are both very yummy.
Oh yeah.... and it was St. Patrick's day when I was there so we had to do our St. Patty's day tradition... getting shamrock shakes!

Twins....I know. I get my good looks from her!

Montana is such a beautiful place and I'm so happy for my mom and moving there. I'm happy to call this place "home"... Home is where mom is. So MOMtana is home.  


No comments:

Post a Comment